Amritadi Guggulu is an ayurvedic medicine which is used for conditions like piles, gout, skin infections, rheumatoid arthritis, wounds, reduced digestion constipation, and fistula. It helps in detoxification of blood and controls the levels of uric acid, which in turn helps in alleviating joint problems. It is known for its immunity boosting capabilities and is also called by the names of Amruta Guggul/Amrita Guggulu.
- Amrita (Giloy) – Tinospora cordifolia)
- Amla (Amalaki) – Emblica officinalis
- Bibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Black pepper (piper nigrum)
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Danti Mool – Baliospermum montanum
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Pippali (Long Pepper) – Pepper Longum
- Shuddha Guggulu – Commiphora Wightii
- Vaividang (Embelia ribes)
- Gout or raised uric acid levels
- Abscesses (internal abscesses)
- Acne or pimples
- Liver disorders
- Skin diseases
- Weight loss
Medicinal uses and benefits
The main benefit of Amritadi Guggulu is the maintenance of uric acid. It is particularly helpful for the people with gouty arthritis. Apart from joint ailments, it is also beneficial for skin ailments and obesity. The medicinal uses and benefits of Amritadi Guggulu are listed below:
- It relieves joint pains and inflammations
- It aids in improved digestion and detoxifies the harmful products of mal-absorbed food
- It decreases the uric-acid accumulation in the joints
- It possess antimicrobial properties
- It reduces pus-filled acne and ameliorates the tender pain and erythema of the pimples
- It also has some anti-diabetic constituents, and thus, is helpful for the patients with the metabolic disorder
Amritadi Guggulu for gout
Gout is a type of arthritis which is characterized by redness, severe pain, and tenderness of joints. It may lead to a sudden burning pain, swelling, stiffness, deformity and may also cause an impaired movement. Such attacks may continue unless gout is treated. The prolonged ailment may also lead to spread of gout to other joint, tendons, and tissues.
The cause of gout is the presence of excess uric acid in the blood. Risk factors include diet, genetic predisposition, and inadequate excretion of urate and salts of uric acid. Uric acid is a waste product, which if left unfiltered, may accumulate in the kidneys or joints. Excessively high levels of uric acid, also known as uricemia, may lead to the formation of hard crystals in the joints, which causes acute pain.
You may develop gout in your big toe, ankles, knees, or other joints, and the effect may last from a few days to several weeks.
Amritadi Guggulu is very effective for gout. It acts by improving the capacity of the kidneys, to filter uric acid. It increases renal efficiency to excrete more uric acid and other toxins. Amritadi Guggulu also prevents the formation of uric acid crystals and stones.
It has been found that a major portion of the uric acid is filtered by the glomeruli kidneys while; almost 30 per cent of the uric acid is also filtered by the intestines. Certain liver enzymes also contribute to the process. Amritadi Guggulu works by improving the liver functions and increasing its efficacy to filter the uric acid.
Malfunctioned metabolism also causes accumulation of uric acid in the body. Amritadi Guggulu rectifies these malfunctions and controls the uric acid production by the body.
The efficacy of Amritadi Guggulu increases manifolds if is taken in a combination with a Giloy decoction.
If you have any of the following symptoms, then Amritadi Guggulu can be highly beneficial for you;
- Pain in the toe
- Burning sensation or heat sensation in the feet (with Giloy Satva and Gandhak Rasayana)
- Associated constipation
- Pain in the heel
- Pain in fingers
- Tenderness in the feet – where patient feels in difficulty in walking due to tenderness and heel pain
- Joint swelling with heat sensation and tenderness
- Extreme perspiration in palms and feet
Not only for gout, but Amritadi Guggulu would also help you in ameliorating the diseases like piles, skin disorders, fistula, rheumatoid arthritis, improper digestion, and obesity.
It cures and balances the three doshas of Vata, pitta, and Kapha, and restores the body-balance.
If you have high uric acid level or gouty arthritis or any bone or joints related problems, Consult us online here: Online Ayurvedic Consultation. We can help you by providing a curative treatment.